Friday, February 26, 2010

Waiting for books...

I never thought I'd be the kind of Mommy that is hanging around the house anticipating the arrival of our new books. But yes here I am, every time Star hears a car go by she runs to see if they are here. We order from Books A Million when they have deep, deep clearance sales and when we get great coupons. I got 27 books for $50 now that is a great deal! We got some Charlotte Mason books for the first time and I am am super excited about those, then we got tons of educational books for the girls. Oh yea then I found two Fancy Nancy and Pinkalicious books that we didn't have. We just read Muncha Muncha and Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs. Now she is working of food pictures, sorting them into food groups and picking out the menu she would have falling from the sky. Of course I knew exactly what she would "order" noodles.......she would eat noodles every day for every meal if I would let her. Then she said pancakes, carrots and apples. We will do our version of a lapbook for at least one of these books this week. Then I have books ready to be picked up at the library but we wont make it until Wednesday this week. I hope this weather gets a little warmer today so we can go out and play.

No comments:

Post a Comment