Sunday, December 6, 2009

AHHHH Sunday.

Anyone that knows me pretty well knows Sunday is relax day at our house. I don't schedule activities or play dates or even shopping for this day. We basically lock the doors after Daddy leaves and we do laundry, play games, clean a little, cook, well today we baked chocolate chip cookies and I made Beef Strogonoff with a little help from my elf's :) I had to break the rule and go out today, not so happy about that but we were out of Kayak's milk so we went to Three yes Three stores to find it. Why you ask? Well the Dollar General of course didn't have but I thought I would check because I am trying very hard to be more frugal, then Winn Dixie so they did have but it was expired two weeks ago and they only had 2 packs. So we had to go to the most crowded Walmart ever, and we finally got 4 packs. This is not just any milk, it is Yoplait Dora and Blues clues milk I have tries to get her off of these many times but have yet to succeed. So then we came home and made lunch Kayak took a short nap while Star and I did some stuff for school. Overall not so bad for Sunday.
We have always tried to live with less, (except when it comes to the girls, I give in way to easy) So lately we have been exploring other blogs and finding out what other people are doing. I have found on Frugal Florida Mom that has great ideas one was to not use the heat or air for one month. We decided to try it and so far we have been fine until this morning it was 62 in the house when we woke up, yes that is cold for me. I didn't turn the heat on just bundled up the girls and stayed close on the couch until it warmed up! Also this Mom shops at stores that she gets money back or reward money I think it is called. You buy $10 worth of stuff and get $4 to use toward the next purchase, I know I haven't started yet but it is on my list along with coupons. The problem with the coupons is I cut them or print them and leave them at home when I go to the store and then next time I look at them they are expired. I guess I should get a coupon organizer any way I will let you how it goes, wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I’m new here to your blog and wanted to “pop” in to say hi! : )
    If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
    I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
    Xo
    Priscila

    ReplyDelete